Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break - The Van goes to Moab and meets its cousin!

Ben's sister has a Sprinter van too. That makes our vans cousins. Here are the vans together at the Klondike Bluffs trailhead.



We were there to ride bikes! I'm not the biggest fan of mountain biking, so I brought my road bike along to ride while the others were riding technical trails. The first day I rode from Moab to the end of Arches National Park and back. Though I didn't do any hiking in the park, I got my exercise through 3000 feet of climbing in a 50 mile ride. The others rode Porcupine Rim from the campsite in Moab. This is a long trail, even if you start by driving to the trailhead. Everyone was tired and ready for snacks and dinner when we returned.


Sunday started out cold and rainy. We were having a hard time deciding whether to ride or not. We finally decided to take a drive through Arches National Park and forget about riding. While we were driving, the sun came out! We headed to Klondike Bluffs, my favorite trail! It's got dinosaur footprints.




At the top of Klondike Bluffs there is a bike rack and you can take a short hike into Arches National Park. It's worth the view!


The last day I rode up to Canyonlands National Park. The scenery was amazing! The view of the La Sal Mountain Range was clearer than I can ever remember it. Who wouldn't enjoy riding while looking at National Park quality views?








The last night we were treated to a beautiful sunset! Ahh.... Maybe I'll never go home.


No comments: